What is the Government Communication Service (GCS)?
The GCS is the professional body for people working in communication roles across government. It’s aim is to deliver world-class communications that support Ministers’ priorities, improve people’s lives and enable the effective operation of our public service. It serves both politicians and the public.
The GCS work to a government communications plan and handbook. Continue reading The Government Communication Service approach
What’s best practice?
I recently joined the Employee Engagement Alliance (EEA) who aim to elevate employee engagement to its rightful place as a catalyst for business and organisational success; they have eight core goals.
The EEA held a best practice learning showcase in central London. This event presented a diverse range of organisations and agencies who have been recognised for delivering highly effective employee engagement strategies.
My takeaways were:
- Apply a whole person approach
- Focus on well-being
- Senior buy-in is essential
- The links between internal and external communications are integral
- Your organisational values should be at the core
- Use analytics to see how you are doing
- Take advantage of technology to reach different sections of your workforce and their locations.
Continue reading Employee engagement – it’s where it’s at!