The next stage of event planning
I hope you can benefit from my experience and advice and have smooth running events every time (well almost as a lot depends on outside factors)!
For part 1 on some of the basics and initial steps to follow see below.
In the run up to the event
- Put together a room layout diagram
- Brief your speakers/VIP’s in good time – allocate someone to ‘look after them’.
- Brief your on the day team.
- Visit the venue – check the technology and audio visual setup.
- Plan your transport logistics and get all your event materials together in one place.
- Prepare and follow a checklist for outstanding tasks.
On the day
- Ensure you have enough staff/volunteer helpers.
- Bring phone numbers, spare papers and stationery.
- Maximise promotion through social media.
After the event
- Thank everyone involved!
- Ask for delegate feedback – learn and improve.
- Prepare a review to share with the project stakeholder.
- Maximise promotion through follow up communications.
- Do you have any other tips or experiences to share @katygibbins1?